

Nov 20, 2007 -
Joshua Schwartz, 30, a St. Ambrose Catholic school language arts teacher, was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana for sale and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
Neighbors reported a burglarly in progress. Police arrived and went inside to look for the suspects. What they found was described as, "a significant amount of marijuana that they believe was part of a growing operation."
Press release from the Tucson Police Department. (Dated Nov 20, 2007) 
GUILTY PLEA & SENTENCING April 15, 2008 - Schwartz pleaded guilty to attempted production of marijuana and was sentenced to 18 months probation by Pima County Superior Court Judge Hector Campoy. While on probation, he will have to participate in substance abuse counseling, treatment and testing if deemed appropriate by his probation officer. Schwartz was fired after his arrest.
Schwartz also said he is remorseful.He told a pre-sentence report writer he began smoking marijuana at 18, but stopped in April 2007 because of his job.
“I have lost two jobs I really enjoyed and now have to start all over. Hopefully, I will have the chance to redeem myself and continue my career,” Schwartz said. “I am embarrassed regarding my involvement in the incident and hope to pay my debt to society.”
-----------------------------
St. Ambrose Catholic School is a K-8 elementary school.