“I believe that I must send a message to every person who walks in that school as a teacher, as a coach, as a mentor, as whatever it may be, you do not lay a hand on a child," said the judge.
Loral “Cassie” Hall, 32, a teacher and coach at Alamosa High School, was sentenced to 60 days in jail and 2 years probation on a misdemeanor unlawful sexual contact charge involving a 17-year-old female. In addition, Hall will have to register as a sex offender.
Hall must also submit to genetic marker testing and participate in sex offender treatment.
The judge also prohibited Hall, who previously coached T-ball, from contact with people under age 18. “I specifically prohibit you from coaching,” Gonzales told Hall. “I specifically prohibit you from attending any youth sports activity even as a spectator. You will not be around kids.”And,
Gonzales added there would be no exceptions to the no-child-contact prohibition including family members such as nieces, nephews and cousins. “You will be that conspicuous absent family member at family gatherings,” Gonzales told Hall. “You will miss the baptisms, you will miss the confirmations, the birthdays, Christmases, the reunions.The judge also ordered 50 hours community service, substance abuse evaluation, fine, costs and sex offender fees and surcharges and said Hall would pay for counseling if the victim required it.
